Some thoughts about reviewing books ….
Library Mice is the result of my professional and personal passion for children’s books.
It is all the love for the books that I purchase, , the books I borrow from the library, and the books that I get sent for review.
Because I do get sent review copies, I think it is fairer that I should have some kind of statement as to what I will and will not review.
* Because I am in it for the love of it, I never ever feel an obligation to review an unsolicited book which is sent to me, regardless of who has sent it. One of the reasons for this is because I get a lot of books sent to me, and as blogging is not my full-time occupation, I am unable to review everything. But also, because I will only review books that I have enjoyed. I am here to showcase what I think are great books and I am certainly not here to demolish someone’s life work. If I do not like it, I don’t review it.
* I will sometimes request specific titles from publishers and these will always take priority over unsolicited titles. However if I do not like the book once I have read it, I will not feel obliged to review it (see above why).
* Please bear in mind however that I do have a job, a family and other commitments, which means that sometimes, it might take me a while to post a review.
* I do not review unpublished or self-published material.
* Library Mice concentrates solely on printed works and therefore I do not review e-books.
* Other products than books might be considered for reviews if they make a contribution towards promoting books, book-sharing and reading for pleasure.